(SINGLE INGREDIENT OIL)
Talk about BENFITS OF THE HERB (Guduchi)
Known as the ‘Amrit’ of Ayurveda.
- Guduchi, is a famous Ayurvedic perennial climber herb in India. It grows in deciduous forests often on mango, banyan or neem tree. It has significant heart shaped leaves, yellow flowers and ripe drupes are red in colour. The barks are grey in colour and roots are aerial in nature. Guduchi is an excellent Rasayana for the treatment of various diseases. The main effect of Guduchi or Tinospora Cordifolia is on AMA (Toxins formed in the body due to malabsorption and ill digestion). It reduces AMA and helps in all types of diseases in which AMA is associated. It is suitable for every person with every type of body type or with any disease due to its immunomodulator, rejuvenative and adaptogenic action. According to Ayurveda, it increases the diminished DOSHA or DHATU and reduces the increased DOSHA or DHATU, so it brings balance of three DOSHA (Vata – Wind, Pitta – Fire, Kapha – Water) in the body and helps preventing all types of diseases.
- There are various mentions of Giloy (Guduchi) in Hindu mythology. In Ramayana, Lord Rama, with an army of monkeys, defeated Ravana. This made Lord Indra so happy with Lord Rama that he told Lord Rama he would grant him one boon. Lord Rama asked him to help the vanarsena who lost their lives or were injured in the war. Lord Indra granting his wishes, sprinkled nectar to make dead monkeys alive. Few drops of nectar sprinkled from the bodies of monkey and from them guduchi sprouted on earth. That is why it is called as amrita that it raises the dead.
- According to another mythology, during samudramanthan when the pot full of amrita came out of the sea, the demons took it and ran away. So while running few drops of amrita fell on earth and took form of a climbing herb known as Giloy. Ever since, we are reaping benefits of its magical properties
Guduchi Taila is an Ayurvedic herbal oil with strong antioxidant properties, which protect against free radical damage and boost immunity. Based on Traditional Ayurvedic formula, Guduchi Taila is good for balancing all Dosha types. This quick absorbing powerful blend of Tinospora cordifolia (Guduchi, Giloy) and Sesame Oil nourishes, moisturizes, and promotes radiant smooth skin, (You can also use it for your hair dryness – called Nectar of Life in the vedas) healthy scalp, and luxuriant strong hair. It helps and supports strength and energy of the muscle mass.
Enriched with organically grown herbs, it supports general vitality and is ideal for daily use.
Benefits of Guduchi Taila
The oil is of single ingredient and the botanical source is Tinospora cordifolia. The herb used is an organic herb. The oil has the following beneficial properties.
- It can be used for abhyanga oil throughout the body.
- It absorbs quickly in the skin surface and thereby rapidly benefits skin health.
- It enhances the immunity of the skin which helps to protect the entire body from environmental pollution and toxins.
- It has added advantage to take care of the damaged skin by the unification of the skin cells.
Sesame oil penetrates deeply into the tissues due to its low molecular weight.
It is reputed to penetrate all 7 skin layers and is able to enter the capillaries in the dermis of the skin and affect the entire body.
Psoriasis is a chronic, organ-specific "immune-mediated inflammatory diseases”triggered by activation of the immune system. Cells and different pro inflammatory cytokines play a major role in the pathogenesis of psoriasis. It is characterized by thick, red, scaly lesions that may appear on any part of the body accompanied by pain and itching. Typical precipitating factors are infections, stress, and certain medications. Several factors, including genetic determinants, injury and infection, cigarette smoking, alcohol, and diet have been identified, which are associated with psoriasis or triggering the disease.
Eczema typically causes areas of skin to become inflamed, itchy, and red. The exact reason behind eczema remains unknown, however, it is believed to develop as a result of combination of genetic and environmental factors. Healthy skin acts as a barrier to retain moisture and to protect the body from environmental stress. Any reason which disrupts the ability of the skin to act as an effective barrier leads to the loss of moisture, causing dryness and the entry of allergens, irritants and bacteria, which can result in inflammation and infection. People with eczema tend to have an over-reactive immune system which when triggered by a substance outside or inside the body, responds by causing inflammation which causes the red, itchy and painful skin symptoms. The primary risk factor is having a family history of eczema, allergies, hay fever or asthma.
Other causes of dry skin include:
Provides nourishment and hydration